Tangy Italian Green Beans Recipe
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1. Place beans and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper. Drain beans; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 85 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 309mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Tangy Italian Green Beans
"Good recipe, except I used regular garlic, sauteed in the olive oil, additional Parmesan cheese and Italian Bread Crumbs. Thanks."
"Fantastic recipe as is! Even my 14-month-old daughter likes them!"
"I added sliced almonds for a dinner party and swapped garlic powder for the garlic salt (not too fond of garlic salt - too salty for me). I also used multi-cracked pepper (pink, red, green, black, etc.) and it was a SUPER HIT!! Think when the farmer's market is in full swing and everything is in season other herbs would enhance the green beans - or I might add other fresh veggies to extend the batch for bbq get togethers. Thanks, Rudy, I'm always looking for new recipes for green beans since I LOVE them!"