And round out any meal with Italian Green Beans from Rudy Martino. The sharpness of the Parmesan cheese goes nicely with the tangy flavor of the chicken. “This has been a family favorite for many years,” writes the Lombard, Illinois reader.
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-1/4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-1/4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place beans and water in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, garlic salt and pepper. Drain beans; drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with cheese mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Green Beans in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p21
Reviews for Tangy Italian Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review