Tangy Hot Dogs Recipe
The young at heart will enjoy the zippy flavor of these hot dog sandwiches with all the toppings mixed right in. "Our grown sons still ask me to prepare these for them," remarks Janet Garski of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup shredded process cheese (Velveeta)
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute hot dogs and onion in oil until onion is tender. Sprinkle with flour, mustard and pepper. Stir in celery, water and ketchup until blended. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10 minutes; remove from the heat. Stir in cheese. Spoon about 1/2 cup hot dog mixture into each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 377 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 1,098 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC