Tangy Honey-Lime Chicken Recipe
“I concocted this tangy dish while trying to come up with some new ways to fix chicken for the two of us,” relates Terril, Iowa’s Karen Jurgens. “My husband loves it!”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and cayenne. Add chicken, a few strips at a time, and shake to coat. In a small skillet, brown chicken in butter on all sides.
- 2. Combine the lime juice, honey, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until juices run clear and sauce is thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 386 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC