Tangy Ham Steak
This glazed ham steak is a yummy quick-and-easy main dish. It tastes especially good heated on the grill but works well in the oven broiler, too. On summer weekends back home, Dad does the grilling while Mom prepares the rest of the meal.—Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey and orange peel. Brush
- over one side of ham. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7
- minutes. Turn; brush with mustard mixture. Cook until well glazed
- and heated through, about 7 minutes. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (5 ounces) equals 264 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 1,655 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein.