Evelyn Kennell from Roanoke, Illinois needs only a handful of ingredients for the lip-smacking sauce that jazzes up grilled ham. Flavored with pickle relish, the blend is used for basting and for spooning over individual servings.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham steak (1 pound)
- In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, relish, vinegar, brown sugar and cayenne; set aside 1/2 cup for serving.
- Grill the ham steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, basting occasionally with remaining sauce. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Ham Steak in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p10
Reviews for Tangy Grilled Ham Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review