Tangy Green Beans Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. Place beans and red pepper in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
1/2 cup: 43 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Green Beans
"This is easy to make and my husband liked it. I will make this when company comes."