This vegetable side dish is delicately dressed with white wine vinegar and subtle mustard and garlic seasonings, rather than swimming in butter and salt.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place beans and red pepper in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Green Beans in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p15
Reviews for Tangy Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review