This vegetable side dish is delicately dressed with white wine vinegar and subtle mustard and garlic seasonings, rather than swimming in butter and salt.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 22 Pickled Recipes
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Place beans and red pepper in a basket over 1 in. of boiling water in a saucepan. Cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients. Transfer bean mixture to a serving bowl; add vinaigrette and stir to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Green Beans in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p15
Reviews for Tangy Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 15, 2013
"This is easy to make and my husband liked it. I will make this when company comes."