Tangy Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender; drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 each: 87 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Green Bean Casserole
"VERY good. easy to make. Good enough for company."
"I'm always trying to find vegatable recipes that my kids will like and this was definitely a hit. I added some bacon pieces for extra flavor. Fantastic!"