Tangy Green Bean Casserole
"Here's a bean dish my family requests often," relates Judy Rush of Newport, Rhode Island. "It's easy to prepare and makes a wonderful addition to a buffet supper or potluck dinner."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender;
- drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese
- and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 87 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.