"Here's a bean dish my family requests often," relates Judy Rush of Newport, Rhode Island. "It's easy to prepare and makes a wonderful addition to a buffet supper or potluck dinner."
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender; drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Green Bean Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Tangy Green Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2012 Edited Apr. 29, 2012
"VERY good. Easy to make. Good enough for company."
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2011
"I'm always trying to find vegatable recipes that my kids will like and this was definitely a hit. I added some bacon pieces for extra flavor. Fantastic!"