- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender; drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forTangy Green Bean Casserole
"VERY good. Easy to make. Good enough for company."
"I'm always trying to find vegatable recipes that my kids will like and this was definitely a hit. I added some bacon pieces for extra flavor. Fantastic!"