"Here's a bean dish my family requests often," relates Judy Rush of Newport, Rhode Island. "It's easy to prepare and makes a wonderful addition to a buffet supper or potluck dinner."
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water. Cook until crisp-tender; drain. Add onion, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish. Toss bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over bean mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Green Bean Casserole in Taste of Home June/July 1996, p17
Reviews for Tangy Green Bean Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review