- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon bottled browning sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the onion, eggs, milk, oats, parsley and seasonings. Add beef and mix well. Press into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan lined with waxed paper. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Unmold loaf into a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Remove loaf from oven; drain. Brush with some of the glaze. Return to oven; bake 1 hour longer or until no pink remains, occasionally brushing with glaze. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Glazed Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This is a delicious meat loaf that is easy to make. Everyone loved it and asked for seconds. Two thumbs up from my picky eaters too! I doubled the glaze so my son could use it as a dip for his meat. This is in my recipe box."