Tangy Glazed Chicken
A flavorful sauce with a hint of orange and sweet apple jelly is perfect over bone-in chicken breasts. "Serve with potatoes or rice and a salad," suggests Barbara Haney of St. Louis, Missouri.
2 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Sprinkle chicken with salt if desired. In a large skillet, melt
- butter over medium heat; brown chicken on all sides. Remove and keep
- In the pan drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Add the
- remaining ingredients; cook and stir until jelly is melted. Return
- chicken to pan. Cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or a meat
- thermometer reads 170°. Remove skin if desired. Top chicken with
- onion mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 505 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 39 g protein.