Tangy Glazed Chicken Recipe
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt if desired. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; brown chicken on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the pan drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until jelly is melted. Return chicken to pan. Cook, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove skin if desired. Top chicken with onion mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 505 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 1g fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Glazed Chicken
"The flavor of this chicken was very good. I can see this becoming a favorite and one that I will enjoy serving guests."
"This is excellent. I used chicken thighs. They turned out wonderful. This is going to become a family favorite."
"This was awsome, we love it. I did put cornstarch in the sauce to thicken it up a little and added more apple jelly for more flavor. Everybody loved it and they were looking for more when it was gone. I will be making it again for sure."
"I made this last night. It was great. So happy I was going though some old issues of TOH. I used skinless boneless chicken breast. I did pound them down a little for for even cooking. My husband ask to take leftovers for lunch. That means it was goooood. Thanks for this one. It came out in the October/November 2000 issue. I keep all my issues. Wished I had tried it then."
"This is probably my husband's favorite chicken recipe. I thicken the sauce with 1/2 tsp or more of corn starch so it is not so runny. I also add a bit more apple jelly as needed for that wonderful flavor. I like to serve this with spinach noodles, a veggie and corn muffins."
"I found this recipe years ago in a Taste of Home book and it is my family's favorite meal. I serve this delicious chicken with a creamy rice."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.