Tangy Ginger Slaw
Crunchy and tart with an Asian twist, this fresh-tasting slaw is just the thing for a picnic basket or lunch box. Joanna Trupiano of Gloucester, Massachusetts submitted the recipe.
3 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 radishes, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion and radishes. In
- another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger,
- sugar, salt and pepper flakes. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to
- coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with
- sesame seeds just before serving.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 48 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 119 mg sodium,