Crunchy and tart with an Asian twist, this fresh-tasting slaw is just the thing for a picnic basket or lunch box. Joanna Trupiano of Gloucester, Massachusetts submitted the recipe.
Recommended: Our Favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 radishes, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion and radishes. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper flakes. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Ginger Slaw in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p35
Reviews for Tangy Ginger Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2009
"The dressing was delicious and sooo fresh tasting with the ginger and garlic. I substituted low sodium soy sauce for half the amount of vinegar to suit my family's taste. Even the kids loved it!"