- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 to 2 radishes, shredded
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion and radishes. In another bowl, whisk the vinegar, lime juice, oil, garlic, ginger, sugar, salt and pepper flakes. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with sesame seeds just before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Ginger Slaw in Cooking for 2 Spring 2008, p35
Reviews for Tangy Ginger Slaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 2, 2009
The dressing was delicious and sooo fresh tasting with the ginger and garlic. I substituted low sodium soy sauce for half the amount of vinegar to suit my family's taste. Even the kids loved it!