Tangy German Potato Salad Recipe
- 7 medium potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vinegar
- 1. Peel potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender but firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon; set aside.
- 3. In the drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Stir in flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Drain potatoes; slice and place in a large bowl. Add the bacon and sauce; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 273 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Tangy German Potato Salad
"The recipe sounded sooo good, but it wasn't. Not very bacony either. Just ok. Sry."
"The recipe sounded sooo good, but it wasn't that good. Sry."