- 7 medium potatoes (about 1-3/4 pounds)
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup vinegar
- Peel potatoes; place in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or until tender but firm.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. When cool enough to handle, crumble bacon; set aside.
- In the drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Stir in flour, sugar, salt and pepper until blended. Add water and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes; slice and place in a large bowl. Add the bacon and sauce; toss gently to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy German Potato Salad in Reminisce July/August 1994, p51
Reviews for Tangy German Potato Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Birthday Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Potato Salad >
- German Potato Salad Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Salad Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >
- No-Mayo Potato Salad Recipes >