Tangy Fruit Topping
For a perfect topping for ice cream or frozen yogurt, I whip up this fruit topping. The fresh gingerroot add an extra zip!—Deb Anderson, Joplin, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 cups low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- In a bowl, gently combine the first six ingredients. Serve over
- frozen yogurt. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1/3 cup fruit mixture with 1/2 cup frozen yogurt) equals 146 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 66 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.