Tangy Fruit Salad
I got this recipe from dear friends many years ago, and it has been a mainstay at my house ever since. This salad is a sweet refreshing side dish or light dessert.—Darlene Alexander, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium apples or pears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; set aside. In a large
- serving bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, mandarin
- oranges, bananas, apples and strawberries if desired.
- Whisk the pudding mix and drink mix into the reserved pineapple
- juice. Fold into fruit mixture. Refrigerate before serving. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 177 mg sodium, 57 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.