- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium apples or pears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; set aside. In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, bananas, apples and strawberries if desired.
- Whisk the pudding mix and drink mix into the reserved pineapple juice. Fold into fruit mixture. Refrigerate before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Fruit Salad
"Very easy! I think I will decrease the Tang just a tad next time."
"YUM!! I did not like the combination of the Tang/pineapple juice, so I omitted it, but everything else was great!"
"So good as a side dish served on a bed of lettuce or a light dessert with Cool Whip tipping."
"This was a hit at the shower I attended. Quite a few ladies asked me for the recipe. My one friend said she would have cut back a little on the Tang. I will make it again for sure. Simple and tasty is what I like about a recipe."
"This was one of the first fruit salads I ever made and have been making it ever since. My husbands family would be very upset if I didn't bring it to our Christmas Eve celebration! My niece liked it so much she made if for her wedding reception. I usually use one red and one green apple along with a pear too. I always use the strawberries if they are available at my store."