I got this recipe from dear friends many years ago, and it has been a mainstay at my house ever since. This salad is a sweet refreshing side dish or light dessert.—Darlene Alexander, Nekoosa, Wisconsin
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium bananas, sliced
- 2 medium apples or pears, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- Drain pineapple juice into a small bowl; set aside. In a large serving bowl, combine the pineapple, fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, bananas, apples and strawberries if desired.
- Whisk the pudding mix and drink mix into the reserved pineapple juice. Fold into fruit mixture. Refrigerate before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Fruit Salad in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p59
Reviews for Tangy Fruit Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review