Tangy Fruit Chicken Salad Recipe
When served with hot rolls or muffins, this tangy salad is a terrific alternative to the usual lunchtime fare. It is also a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, fruit, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate, sugar and celery salt. Add enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Place lettuce on plates; top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cup: 236 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Fruit Chicken Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC