When served with hot rolls or muffins, this tangy salad is a terrific alternative to the usual lunchtime fare. It is also a great way to use leftover chicken or turkey.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 to 5 teaspoons water
- Leaf lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, fruit, celery and onion. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate, sugar and celery salt. Add enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Place lettuce on plates; top with chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; sprinkle with almonds. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Fruity Chicken Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2001, p37
Reviews for Tangy Fruit Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review