Tangy French Beans
This side dish will round out your speedy supper wonderfully. A sweet-and-sour bacon sauce gives fantastic flavor to frozen French-style green beans.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a small
- bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar and 2
- tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil;
- cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans and remaining
- water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated
- through; drain. Add bacon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 106 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.