Tangy French Beans Recipe
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- 2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans and remaining water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through; drain. Add bacon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup: 106 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Tangy French Beans
"This was very good... Very similar to the dressing that goes on German Potato Salad..."