This side dish will round out your speedy supper wonderfully. A sweet-and-sour bacon sauce gives fantastic flavor to frozen French-style green beans.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: 42 Slow Cooker Recipes Prepped in 15 Minutes
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans and remaining water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through; drain. Add bacon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy French Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p27
Reviews for Tangy French Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2009
"This was very good... Very similar to the dressing that goes on German Potato Salad..."