This side dish will round out your speedy supper wonderfully. A sweet-and-sour bacon sauce gives fantastic flavor to frozen French-style green beans.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in vinegar and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the beans and remaining water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until heated through; drain. Add bacon mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy French Beans in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p27
Reviews for Tangy French Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2009
"This was very good... Very similar to the dressing that goes on German Potato Salad..."