- 1 large potato, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium ripe pears, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a skillet, saute the potato, onion and celery in butter until celery is tender. Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Franks and Pears in Reminisce January/February 2003, p50
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tangy Franks and Pears
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review