Tangy Four-Bean Salad Recipe
Canned beans makes this colorful salad easy to fix, while a no-fuss dressing lends sweet-and-sour flair. Green pepper and mushrooms help it stand out from other bean medleys. Sharon Cain of Revelstoke, British Columbia shared the recipe.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the beans, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- 2. Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup: 162 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 366mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tangy Four-Bean Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC