Canned beans makes this colorful salad easy to fix, while a no-fuss dressing lends sweet-and-sour flair. Green pepper and mushrooms help it stand out from other bean medleys. Sharon Cain of Revelstoke, British Columbia shared the recipe.
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, mushrooms, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Four-Bean Salad in Light & Tasty June/July 2005, p23
Reviews for Tangy Four-Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"This was so easy and quick to make and tasted delicious. Perfect for a potluck. I would definitely make this again"