Tangy Feta Herb Dip Recipe
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
1/4 cup (calculated without pita chips or vegetables) equals 127 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer