I often prepare this make-ahead dip for get-togethers. As a physician and mother, I love the idea of using yogurt as a healthy, low-fat alternative to sour cream or cream cheese.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips and/or assorted fresh vegetables
- Line a strainer with four layers of cheesecloth or one coffee filter and place over a bowl. Place yogurt in prepared strainer; cover yogurt with edges of cheesecloth. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove yogurt from cheesecloth and discard liquid from bowl.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, cheese, oil, garlic, parsley, oregano, salt and pepper. Chill until serving. Serve with pita chips and/or vegetables. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Tangy Feta Herb Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p212
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Tangy Feta Herb Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Taco Dip >