Tangy Deli Melts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 seeded hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, preserves and mustard; spread over buns.
- 2. On each bun bottom, layer a slice of ham, turkey and cheese. Replace tops. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 368 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein
Reviews for Tangy Deli Melts
"Love these sandwiches! My husband requests them for lunch often. Super easy to make & it's items we usualy have on hand."
"This was truly delicious. For those watching their weight I used fat free mayonaise, sugar free peach (didn't have apricot) preserves and increased theDijon mustard to 1 tablespoon for a bit more spice taste. Definitely a keeper."
"I've made this lots of times. My husband asks for these toasty sandwiches! The sauce really makes it, though I sometimes cut back or eliminate the mayo. Yummy quick lunch or supper, and so easy!"
"Great twist on a regular ham and cheese... Love the sauce!!!"
"I make these sandwiches all the time. The apricot is delish & adds a great twist."
"This was an eay and satisfying meal. The dressing mixture makes the sandwich!"
"These sandwiches were delicious, and I will definitely be making them agai."
"This recipe was a really nice twist on typical ham & cheese melts. The apricot preserves were the perfect sweet compliment to the tang of the mustard and provided an interesting - in a good way - taste! Would definitely make again."
"These sandwiches were SO good - I could eat the mayonnaise mixture by the spoonful! Will definitely make them again, and will try to think of other ways to use the sauce as well. . . Thanks, Steve!!"