Tangy Deli Melts Recipe
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons apricot preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 seeded hamburger buns, split
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, preserves and mustard; spread over buns.
- 2. On each bun bottom, layer a slice of ham, turkey and cheese. Replace tops. Place sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 368 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Tangy Deli Melts
"Love these sandwiches! My husband requests them for lunch often. Super easy to make & it's items we usualy have on hand."
"This was truly delicious. For those watching their weight I used fat free mayonaise, sugar free peach (didn't have apricot) preserves and increased theDijon mustard to 1 tablespoon for a bit more spice taste. Definitely a keeper."
"I've made this lots of times. My husband asks for these toasty sandwiches! The sauce really makes it, though I sometimes cut back or eliminate the mayo. Yummy quick lunch or supper, and so easy!"
"Great twist on a regular ham and cheese... Love the sauce!!!"
"I make these sandwiches all the time. The apricot is delish & adds a great twist."
"This was an eay and satisfying meal. The dressing mixture makes the sandwich!"
"These sandwiches were delicious, and I will definitely be making them agai."
"This recipe was a really nice twist on typical ham & cheese melts. The apricot preserves were the perfect sweet compliment to the tang of the mustard and provided an interesting - in a good way - taste! Would definitely make again."
"These sandwiches were SO good - I could eat the mayonnaise mixture by the spoonful! Will definitely make them again, and will try to think of other ways to use the sauce as well. . . Thanks, Steve!!"