- 2 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Place cucumbers in a strainer; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and toss. Let stand for 30 minutes. Rinse and drain well. Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl; add tomatoes and onion. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients; pour over cucumber mixture and toss. Cover and refrigerate for several hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Cucumber Salad
"My family really enjoyed it-they said it was a refreshing change"
"This was easy to make. I think next time I will try with fresh herbs. I did like the slight heat and sweet of these."
"The first time I made this my family was "eww" before they even tasted it. I had planned on having it for supper. Needless to say by the time supper time came there was barely enough left."
"followed the recipe to the letter and it turned out great."
"This salad reminds me of a dish we had in Fort Lauderdale while we were on our honeymoon. So good and fresh!"
"This was very good. The only change I made was to add green onions in place of the onions."
"I thought this was a super recipe. I will definately make it again. I want to try it with some jalapenos."
"Loved this salad. I did skip the garlic powder since we are not great fans of garlic."
"I have this one marinating in my refrig. as we speak!"
"This is delicious! I made it exactly as directed!!!!"