Tangy Cranberry Tea Recipe
On cold winter afternoons, my friends and I like to sip this tangy cranberry tea while sitting next to a glowing fire and enjoying good conversation. It’s a great alternative to mulled cider.—Polly Holbrook, Greeley, Colorado
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 9 slices peeled fresh gingerroot
- 6 individual tea bags
- 6 cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1. Place cinnamon and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Bring up corners of cloth; tie with a string to form a bag.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the water, cranberries and ginger; add spice bag. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until berries have popped, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- 3. Discard tea bags and spice bag. Strain cranberry mixture through a cheesecloth-lined colander. Return to saucepan. Stir in juice and honey; heat through. Serve warm. Yield: 3 quarts.
1 cup equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC