"I use this fruity sauce with baked or grilled meats," notes field editor Marlene Muckenhirn of Delano, Minnesota.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Place the first nine ingredients in a blender; cover and process until almost smooth. Transfer to a saucepan; add cranberry sauce. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold as an accompaniment to poultry or pork. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Tangy Cranberry Sauce in Taste of Home December/January 1999, p18
Reviews for Tangy Cranberry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review