Tangy Cranberry Gravy Recipe
My husband and I first tasted this deliciously different gravy at my aunt’s house one Thanksgiving. Now I make it throughout the year.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Turkey giblets (liver removed)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth and giblets to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Strain and discard giblets; set broth aside.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, cranberry juice and vinegar until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and butter. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 1-3/4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 24 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC