- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 sole or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- For dill sauce, melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl; stir in flour until smooth. Stir in broth and dill until blended. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil and is thickened. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, crab, celery, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Spoon onto the center of each fillet; roll up fish around filling. Place in a 9-in. round microwave-safe dish. Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Serve with dill sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Crab-Stuffed Sole
"I made this with Orange Roughy, it was delicious and we loved the lemon-dill sauce. I served it with the Goldenrod Broccoli on the same page, rice pilaf and homemade bread."
"no flavor and the sauce was difficult to cook in the microwave. It says to stir after every minute but its more like after every 30 seconds or the sauce will be ruined! The sauce has potential but the meal just lacked flavor"