There’s a pleasant lemony tang to this seafood entree from Judie Anglen of Riverton, Wyoming. For side dishes, try the broccoli and sweet potato recipes here, or serve rice pilaf and asparagus.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 2 sole or orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- For dill sauce, melt butter in a microwave-safe bowl; stir in flour until smooth. Stir in broth and dill until blended. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes, stirring after each minute, until sauce comes to a boil and is thickened. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, crab, celery, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and butter. Spoon onto the center of each fillet; roll up fish around filling. Place in a 9-in. round microwave-safe dish. Cover with waxed paper.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and a thermometer inserted into stuffing reads 160°. Serve with dill sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Crab-Stuffed Sole in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Crab-Stuffed Sole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review