Tangy Country-Style Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-1/4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the chili sauce, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Drain ribs; brush with half of sauce. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice): 442 calories, 24g fat (8g saturated fat), 130mg cholesterol, 641mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Country-Style Ribs
"A favorite recipe at our house."
"Very easy to make. The whole family liked these."
"I already had the ribs in the oven and realized I didn't have the chili sauce or any tomato sauce to try to substitute. So I made do with 1/2 cup of McCormick's Grill Mates Smoky Montreal steak sauce, 1/2 cup of kethcup, a little brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice and ground cloves in place of the 1 cup chili sauce. The whole family really enjoyed these!"
"My family loved this recipe. I also loved how easy it was and that the ribs were so tender. Leftovers made great pulled pork sandwiches. Note...the recipe header indicates that baking time is 1-1/2 hours; the total baking time is actually 2+ hours."
"The best and most moist ribs I've ever made!"