Tangy Country-Style Ribs Recipe
We love it when Mom fixes these tender sweet-and-sour ribs smothered in a tangy sauce. She doubles the batch when our family gets together so there'll be enough for each of us to take some home for our freezers. —Jeanne Voss Anaheim Hills, California
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-1/4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the chili sauce, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Drain ribs; brush with half of sauce. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 442 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Country-Style Ribs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC