Tangy Country-Style Ribs Recipe
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash salt and pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ribs on a greased rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake 1-1/4 hours. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the chili sauce, water, lemon juice, brown sugar, vinegar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Drain ribs; brush with half of sauce. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; baste with remaining sauce. Bake 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (calculated without rice) equals 442 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 641 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 40 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.