If you've been searching for the perfect coleslaw, give this one a try! It has a terrific crunch, and the simple dressing is sweet and tangy all in one. This is a great way to get your family to eat cabbage. We love it. -Patricia Staudt, Marble Rock, Iowa
- 1/2 large head cabbage, shredded
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and chill for 4 hours before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Coleslaw in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p31
Reviews for Tangy Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review