Orange and grapefruit juices give these cute dessert cups their zesty flavor. They're pretty enough to serve guests but easy enough to make for an everyday snack...or even at breakfast. "I tried out this recipe on friends, and they loved it," relates Barb Klenk of Bridgeton, New Jersey.
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill 2 cups orange juice. In a saucepan or microwave, bring grapefruit juice and remaining orange juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in chilled orange juice. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Stir pineapple juice into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in reserved pineapple
- In a bowl, beat whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Divide among individual serving dishes. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Citrus Gelatin Cups in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p46
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tangy Citrus Gelatin Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review