Tangy Citrus Gelatin Cups Recipe
- 3 cups orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup unsweetened grapefruit juice
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 envelope whipped topping mix (Dream Whip)
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Chill 2 cups orange juice. In a saucepan or microwave, bring grapefruit juice and remaining orange juice to a boil. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Stir in chilled orange juice. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Stir pineapple juice into gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour. Fold in reserved pineapple
- In a bowl, beat whipped topping mix, milk and vanilla on low speed until blended. Beat on high for 4 minutes or until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Divide among individual serving dishes. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Yield: 9 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tangy Citrus Gelatin Cups(1)
Sort By :
I love this dessert. It is really easy to make. I would omit the pineapple next time, and add an additional 1/4 cup of grapefruit juice instead of the pineapple juice, for a creamier dessert. I liked the whipped topping mix better than cool whip. I used regular jello and found that using the grapefruit juice really reduced the sweetness, which was nice.