Tangy Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup canned unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 teaspoon oil for 5-10 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add the pineapple, soy sauce, ketchup and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the tomato; simmer 5 minutes longer. Return chicken to the skillet; sprinkle with parsley. cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 214 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit