Tangy Chicken Thighs Recipe
I love this dish because it turns affordable chicken thighs into a rich and delicious meal. The sauce is what makes this dish, because it's creamy and tangy. A crisp salad or fresh vegetable rounds out the meal.—dutchmom4MI, Taste of Home Online Community
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, optional
- 1. Combine salad dressing mix and pepper. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the chicken, butter, salad dressing mixture, onion and garlic. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Skim fat.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and broth until blended; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Remove chicken to a serving platter; stir sauce until smooth. Serve chicken with sauce and noodles or rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 thigh (calculated without noodles or rice) equals 399 calories, 29 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 1,039 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC