- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, optional
- Combine salad dressing mix and pepper. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the chicken, butter, salad dressing mixture, onion and garlic. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Skim fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and broth until blended; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until heated through.
Remove chicken to a serving platter; stir sauce until smooth. Serve chicken with sauce and noodles or rice if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Chicken Thighs
"Made this the other night, and followed the recipe exactly....it was delicious and the leftovers tasted even better the next day. We all loved it! A definite keeper!(JoyCook68....how old are you? Your response to this recipe was worthy of that of a five year old.)"
"Soooo Grossss! Looked and tasted disgusting! Too many flavor combinations. Never making this again!"
"This recipe was simple and delicious! I didn't have time for the slow cooker so instead I did the following: I seasoned the chicken with the Italian dressing seasoning and pepper. I use 2 tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter and sautéed the onions and garlic. I mixed together the cream of chicken soup, broth, onion and garlic mixture, and cream cheese. Then spooned it over the chicken. I covered the chicken and baked it in a glass Pyrex dish on 375 degrees for 1 hour. Perfect!"
"I just cooked this; we have not eaten it yet but I tasted it.. I is so very good!! It is so good I called friends to join us!! Love this recipe"
"It was ok... don't think I'd bother to make again however.... sprinking grated parmesan on top definitely improved its flavor."