Tangy Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Hot cooked noodles or rice, optional
- Combine salad dressing mix and pepper. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the chicken, butter, salad dressing mixture, onion and garlic. Repeat layers. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Skim fat.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup, cream cheese and broth until blended; add to slow cooker. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter; stir sauce until smooth. Serve chicken with sauce and noodles or rice if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangy Chicken Thighs
Sort By :
Soooo Grossss! Looked and tasted disgusting! Too many flavor combinations. Never making this again!
This recipe was simple and delicious! I didn't have time for the slow cooker so instead I did the following: I seasoned the chicken with the Italian dressing seasoning and pepper. I use 2 tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter and sautéed the onions and garlic. I mixed together the cream of chicken soup, broth, onion and garlic mixture, and cream cheese. Then spooned it over the chicken. I covered the chicken and baked it in a glass Pyrex dish on 375 degrees for 1 hour. Perfect!
I just cooked this; we have not eaten it yet but I tasted it.. I is so very good!! It is so good I called friends to join us!! Love this recipe
It was ok... don't think I'd bother to make again however.... sprinking grated parmesan on top definitely improved its flavor.
My granddaughters just love this dish. Every time I go to their house they insist I make it for them. This will probably be one of those recipes that keep getting handed down.