- 3/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 2 cooked bacon strips
- 2 slices Colby cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 slices red onion
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the first five ingredients to a boil; boil, uncovered, for 1 minute. Cool for 10 minutes; set aside 1/4 cup for basting.
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
- In a small bowl, combine the blue cheese, buttermilk, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, chives, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and pepper. Spread over roll bottoms; top with the chicken, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion. Replace roll tops. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tangy Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"The marinade is awesome. The chicken is very flavorful. I skip the homemade dressing and opt for store bought blue cheese or ranch dressing to save time."