Tangy Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Dash pepper
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 4 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped hard-cooked egg whites
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup fat-free honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Roll chicken in bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once.
- 3. On two plates, arrange salad greens, tomato, hard-cooked egg whites and cheese. Slice chicken; place on salads. Serve with dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt, reduced-fat cheese and fat-free dressing) equals 366 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.