Tangy Chicken Legs
This sweet and tangy sauce shared by Joey McGuire of Lynn, Indiana is easily assembled with basic pantry ingredients. Brushed on chicken leg quarters, it's bargain-priced at just 39 cents a serving. Try it over beef or pork, too.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 grilled or broiled chicken leg quarters
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes or until
- thickened, stirring occasionally. Brush over cooked chicken. Yield:
- 8 servings (1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 105 mg cholesterol, 614 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Blush Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.