Tangy Chicken & Peppers
I created this dish when I was pressed for time during the workweek. It couldn't be easier to make! Frozen ingredients really help save time, and it's also wonderful with noodles.— Donna McLeod, Bentonville, Arkansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 jar (16 ounces) pineapple salsa
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 4-1/2 cups hot cooked brown rice or hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large nonstick skillet
- coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Brown chicken in
- batches; remove from pan.
- In same pan, add stir-fry blend and salsa; bring to a boil, stirring
- occasionally. Return chicken to pan; reduce heat. Simmer, covered,
- 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads
- 165°. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3/4 cup rice and 2/3 cup sauce equals 422 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or